This is a practical webinar for registered participants only.
Response Tools for the Language Classroom
Tord Mjøsund Talmo
Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
In this workshop we will focus on Educational Technology the teacher can use for in-class learning. We will demonstrate a response tool called iLike, primarily designed for language learning, and practice on using the software ourselves. Even though there will be a technical presentation, the main focus of the workshop will be to discuss and refine methodological approaches to use response tools in the lecture.
- To learn how to utilize technology in the class
- To learn how to download, install and use a response tool
- To gain insight in different question types to trigger responses and learning in the student group
- To be confident in retrieving answers and using them for new tasks in a question based lecture
- To reflect on differences between analogue and technological question based pedagogy
- To understand why universal methodology for using response tools in a class is a viable approach for language learning